The Dynamic Earth: SOUTH AMERICA
The landscape of the “end of the earth” spread all over the South America is “Another World” different from the world we live in.
The more I see the ever-changing expression of the earth on the vast South American continent, the more I feel that the earth itself lives like a big life form.
Seeing the various expressions of South America gives us a new perspective that makes us feel “us” as part of the earth.
In order to capture a dynamism of the earth, the landscape photography is my life work.
The land of Clouds and Winds “Patagonia”
“Patagonia” which was feared as “the region of the giants” during the Age of Discovery is the name of region spreading in Argentina and Chile. In the land where overwhelming scales of nature spread, such as needle-peaks, freezing ice fields, and the Pampa spreading to the horizon, we can feel the drama of life in and around the magnificent natural rhythm.
The blessings of Andean Mountains “Los Andes”
The Andean mountains across the continent of South America is a primitive existence that governs all the nature of the continent. “The Altiplano” with an altitude of 4000m, the snow capped mountains, the tropical rain forest, even coastal deserts, all the nature in South America come from the Andean mountains.
I have been fascinated by images of South America since I was a child. When I was 19 and 20, I visited South America. And, I started working as the coordinator of adventure travel around the world. After starting Andina Travel, I have been taking pictures while guiding adventure tours and photographic tours focusing on South America.
Now I am a landscape photographer. The subject is landscape photography in the South American continent. Above all, I mainly photograph Patagonia.
About Andina Travel / Akira Matsui Photography
University of Kanagawa, Japan (Dates attended: 1995 – 2000)
Bachelor of spanish language -Field of Study Spanish Language, Culture & History of Spain and Latinamercia
Photographic exhibition, Awards & Nominations
* The EPSON international pano awards 2017 in Australia/ “SPECIAL AWARDS -“Highest Scoring Image” Winners Gallery 2017 – Sunset in Patagonia
* International Photographer of The Year (IPOTY) 2017 in London/ “Honorable Mentions”
– Winners Gallery 2017: Star trail in Patagonia
– Winners Gallery 2017: Glacier Paradise: Antarctica
* International Photography Awards (IPA) 2017 in USA/ “Honorable Mentions”
– Winners Gallery 2017: Walking on the wind ripples
* Your Shot -National Geographic-: Daily Dozen, Apr 26, 2017 “After the tempest”
* International Photography Awards (IPA) 2018 in USA/ “Honorable Mentions”
– Winners Gallery 2018: Living in crystal desert
* Photographic exhibition “The Dynamic Earth: SOUTH AMERICA” held in Tokyo May 4-9, 2021
* Photographic exhibition “The Andes in Peru: Spectacular nature and the great Incas” celebrated “Bicentennial” at the Peruvian embassy, from July 20 to 28, 2021
* Minato International Cultural Exhibition in Tokyo “Things we want to preserve for the future” held in SEP 10-20, 2021: Two photos from the Bolivian Embassy booth “Uyuni Salt Lake” “Lake Titicaca”
* Photographic exhibition “ARGENTINA – dynamic landscape-” held at the University of Seisen, by the Embassy of Argentina and the University of Seisen, from November 26 to December 8, 2021
* Fine Art Photography Awards (FAPA) 2022 in London / Professional Categroy “Landscape Nominee”
– Winners Gallery: Infinite Lakes in the desert
* Minato International Cultural Exhibition in Tokyo “Peaceful Place of Comfort” held in September, 2022: Two photos from the Bolivian Embassy booth “Altiplano” “Lake Titicaca”
* Photographic exhibition “UBIQUITOUS -scenes on this planet” held in Tokyo Dec 20-25, 2022
Photo Gallery / SNS
- Blog of Akira matsui by Spanish
- Photo Gallery -500px
- Photo Gallery -Instagram
- Facebook: Akira Matsui Photography
- Amana Images
- You Tube Nature Video Channel
Column: The four seasons of Japan
A professional photographer capture your travel in Tokyo, for providing you with lasting memories. Tokyo can bring you to one of our highlighted locations or places of your choice. And we arrange an excursion in Tokyo.
Please contact me and, let me know your special requests.
I take you to some great spots for photography in Tokyo. Especially in November is the best season for capture the autumn colors. I have Private tour and Regular tours by English & Spanish. Please don’t hesitate to contact with me!!
Photography Workshop in Tokyo
I take you to some great spots for photography in Tokyo. It’s means a support you to capture spectacular locations and fascinating people of Real Tokyo. I have Private tour and Regular tours by English and Spanish.
We will learn how to capture real Japan, feeling Japanese culture, walking for the city and visiting shrines.
You have 5 choices.
*AM Tour: Harajuku, Meiji Jingu Shrine, Shinjuku
*PM Tour: Harajuku, Meiji Jingu Shrine, Shinjuku
*PM & Sunset Tour: Harajuku, Meiji Jingu Shrine, Shinjuku
*Sunset & Night Tour: Shinjuku
Portrait, Sports, & Adventure
Please feel free to contact me.